In the year 2006 Mr. Andria Kneel from Germnay started this special school for disabled children in collaboration with the Ghana Education Service (GES) in Obuasi. The project started only with 6 children and one teacher ,who was trained by the founder.
Currently 35 disabled children at the ages of 5 up to 16 years, visit this school and are taught by 5 teachers. The school is located next to a normal primary school, so that all of the children spend break together.
- Supporting the teachers in lessons and start little projects to entertain and educate the children.
- Main focus is to enlighten prejudices towards disabled people.
- Making contacts between the normal primary school and "we are one" at break time to grow into a community.
- The children do not get feeding from school each day to sustain, they eat after close of school at their various homes. There is no governmental support for the feeding , only for the normal primary school.If there could be any such support from volunteers to find a solution for this problem ,it will go long way to help.
- Also the transportation to the school is a big problem for some parents, because of money and time,so that it´s easier to keep the children home. Thereby this is affecting the appropriate education and care.
- Making plans of finding a permanent place for disabled children after they finished school.
Volunteers will live in a guest family, close to the project.