Patmos Children´s Home is a registered home located in Andansi North – Obuasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The Project was started in the year 2008 by the founder Akua Nmerah with only 6 children.
Currently 25 children live there , 16 boys and 9 girls from the age of 0 up to 15 years. Together with the founder and some care givers they stay in a rented house at a big court. But because the current place of abode is rental, they started building their own dorms 200 meters behind.
Accessible by schoolbus the children attend a publich school in town.
- taking care of the children and helping them in the daily life
- complete the construction for a new children`s home by sharing ideas
- teaching additional subjects like art and sports
- organizing free-time and cooking or washing with the children.
- sponsorship for school fees and material costs
Volunteers will stay with the children in the project, but in a separate room.