Abrafi Memorial School was established in 2010 by a Ghanaian family based in the USA to provide quality education for the people in the rural areas around the Atwima Nwabiagya District. This school with about 300 students starts from Nursery (6 months - 1 year) to Primary (5-12 years).
1. Helping in the kitchen
- pealing of vegetables and crops
- preparing fire for cooking
- grounding vegetables for preparing soup and stew
2. Picking up and dropping off of students with the school bus
- Picking up of students from their homes in the morning.
- Dropping off of children at their respective places after school.
3. Teaching at the school
- English language
- Assisting in the computer lap
- HIV/AIDS awareness creation in the primary school
- General science
- Environmental cleanliness and degradation
- Extra curricula activities – soccer, basketball, volley ball and others
- Creative Work (Arts and Painting)
The Volunteers will stay in a host family.
Atwima Nwabiagya District (20 min. to drive from Kumasi)